The course includes theory, practical and onsite training sessions as well as guest sessions from senior lecturers and industry experts. The institute is located in Malappuram adjacent to Nath Infrastructures Ready-Mix concrete plant, hence students receive maximum real-time exposure. The capability of each student in executing work is improved through our job-oriented skill development training, continuous evaluation and guidance. The course curriculum includes the following modules.
- Codal Requirement - IS Codes , NRMC , BS EN- All the codes relevant to concrete production must be introduced and well understood by student.
- Testing/Mix Design and Materials- Complete procedure on mix design will be understood by the participants.
- Machinery - Production related- Crushers - various types plants – Pumping-Quality of ingredients which is controlled by procedure and machinery used at production of these materials as well as concrete production. Pumping operation also to be covered.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control/Product Testing / NDTs-Knowledge to be imparted on various aspects of Quality control by means of testing/ maintenance of machinery /product testing and finally NDT testing.
- Management /Functional/customer handling/Trouble Shooting-Basic management of a production system incorporating various functions.
- Documentation-Documentation covering all details of production and quality control process with traceability for each batch of concrete.
- Soft Skills-Basic etiquettes telephonic as well as mail communications.
- Housekeeping and Safety- The importance of Housekeeping and hence safety to be absorbed by the candidate.
The construction industry is one of the leading industries of today that has a great impact on the development of any nation. The services of a qualified QC engineer is inevitable for any construction work. "QC in concrete manufacturing" plays an unavoidable role in the Ready-mix plants, Project management consultancies, Builders, Contractors, On-site batching units, etc. to ensure quality. There are more than 45 ready-mix plants, more than 350 contractors, builders and Project Management Consultancies in Kerala, to plan a career with. Also, the opportunities abroad in this field is unparalleled.
- B-Tech/B.E/Diploma Civil Engineering with 60% aggregate
- B-Tech/B.E/Diploma Civil Engineering Final year students with no backlogs